Google account email is either a Gmail or Google Apps for Work (GSuite) email. That means if your company uses own domain with google (google apps/GSuite) and all your drivers have their own google apps email set on their Android phones you can use the option to create a fleet with Google accounts. Your drivers can also use their own personal gmail addresses on their phones. In that case, if they provide that address to you as a company owner you can also use Google accounts.
Follow these steps to create a fleet:
- Log in to your web account and go into FLEET / Vehicles. Here click on Add vehicle fleet button
- Now select Use drivers Google account (Gmail) and press Next.
- Click on Add driver button.
- Enter Driver email and optionally Driver name. You can see here that an Account ID is automatically generated. Press Save.
- If you want to add more drivers repeat the step 4. otherwise press Next.
- Click on Add new vehicle button.
- Enter vehicle name and details and in Driver option select the driver to assign this vehicle to. Press Save.
- If you want to add more vehicles repeat step 7. otherwise press Next.
- Now you will see an overview of your fleet you just created. If you added an email to your drivers they will be notified, but you can skip it with the checkbox under table. Optionally you can also download the table in CSV to open in some spreadsheet app (e.g. Excell). Now just hit Finish to create the fleet.
- If you skipped the email notifications you should now give the generated Account IDs to your drivers. They have to install the app and on first run choose the “Use Account ID” option. Here they enter provided Account ID and they are done, they should hit the TURN ON RECORDING button and are now being tracked.