We recommend to use these instructions to create a fleet if your drivers/organisation don’t have Google account emails or use GSuite or Google Apps for Work.
An account ID is a 10 character automatically generated ID for each driver. It’s really simple to create new drivers. The system will automatically generate an Account ID and you can send that ID to your driver's email or you can provide that ID to driver. The driver then installs the MESH Tracks app and on the first run they choose the option to enter the Account ID, they enter their Account ID and they're ready to record their tracks.
Follow these steps to create a fleet:
- Log in to your web account and go into FLEET / Vehicles. Here click on Add vehicle fleet button
- Now select Use generated Account ID option and press Next.
- Click on Add driver button.
- Enter Driver name and optionally Driver email. You can see here that an Account ID is automatically generated. Press Save.
- If you want to add more drivers repeat the step 4. otherwise press Next.
- Click on Add new vehicle button.
- Enter vehicle name and details and in Driver option select the driver to assign this vehicle to. Press Save.
- If you want to add more vehicles repeat step 7. otherwise press Next.
- Now you will see an overview of your fleet you just created. If you added an email to your drivers they will be notified, but you can skip it with the checkbox under table. Optionally you can also download the table in CSV to open in some spreadsheet app (e.g. Excell). Now just hit Finish to create the fleet.
- If you skipped the email notifications you should now give the generated Account IDs to your drivers. They have to install the app and on first run choose the “Use Account ID” option. Here they enter provided Account ID and they are done, they should hit the TURN ON RECORDING button and are now being tracked.