A Google account email is a Gmail or Google Apps for Work (GSuite) email address. You can use this option if your company uses it's own google domain (google apps/GSuite) and all your drivers have their own google email set up on their Android phones. Your drivers can also use their personal gmail addresses on their phones. In that case, they will need to provide you with the email address and you will register it.
Follow these steps to create a fleet:
- Log in to your MESH Tracks web account. Using the left side navigation menu click FLEET, then Vehicles. Then click on +Add vehicle fleet button
- Select Use drivers Google account (Gmail) and press 'Next'.
- Click on +Add driver button.
- Enter the Drivers name (optional) and Drivers email. You can see here that an Account ID is automatically generated. Press Save.
- If you want to add more drivers repeat these steps, otherwise press Next.
- Click on Add new vehicle button.
- Enter vehicle name and details and in Driver option select the driver to assign this vehicle to. Press Save.
- If you want to add more vehicles repeat step 7. otherwise press Next.
- Now you will see an overview of your fleet you just created. If you added an email to your drivers they will be notified, but you can skip it with the checkbox under table. Optionally you can also download the table in CSV to open in some spreadsheet app (e.g. Excell). Now just hit Finish to create the fleet.
- If you skipped the email notifications you should now give the generated Account IDs to your drivers. They have to install the app and on first run choose the “Use Account ID” option. Here they enter provided Account ID and they are done, they should hit the TURN ON RECORDING button and are now being tracked.