A key feature of our platform is the ability to 'push' and 'pull' data between the platform and other systems and services. This enables you to build apps and functionality that features live data- such as jobs, clients, products, projects, contacts, etc. Having access to this data makes a difference and empowers a dynamic line of organizational functions.
There are two ways to integrate external systems/services:
- Use one of our existing built-in connectors.
- Create your own integration using our fully featured API .
Use one of our existing connectors
Connectors are integrations that allow you to 'push out' and 'pull in' data between our platform and others. We offer a number of pre-built connectors for systems like Google Drive and Spreadsheets, external web services and emails, with others coming soon- DropBox, SkyDrive and Box to name a few.
- Pushing Data- To 'push' data that has been captured on the mobile app, you can setup connectors on form screens. These connectors can do anything from emailing PDFs and updating Google Spreadsheets to sending SMS text messages and more. For more information see the 'connectors' page available on form screen's, or see this article.
- Pulling Data- 'Pulling' data is achieved by adding a connector to a data source. This means that your data source is refreshed regularly with changes made on the external system's data rows. You can connect to a variety of services such as Google Drive, One Drive, GeoOp and more.
- Connections - Depending on the connector you use, you may need to set up a connection first. The connection setup page is found under the 'Your Account' menu in the secure website. Once on the connections page, click 'Add Connection' on the right-hand side. You can then choose the desired platform or service that you want to connect to. You may need to clear an authorization process to grant our platform access to your external account.
Use our Integration API
We offer a comprehensive API that supports JSON and XML formats over a RESTful interface. Our integration API is aimed towards software developers, so you will need to ensure you have access to such personnel. You can find full documentation on our API under the integration section of this website. The integration API allows you to put together a completely custom integration that does exactly what you want it to do.
Note: If you don't have technical staff available we have a professional services team that can build integrations for you.