There are a number of screen types to choose from. Each type provides the template for a specific user experience. We currency have five types available:
Data Entry Form
This allows you to build data capture screens by using a drag and drop designer to create the pages for your Form. On each page you can add a variety of different data capture field types. Examples of fields types are text, number, GPS location, photo, signature, checklist and more.
This provides a list display of rows from a specified data source. It's useful when you want to provide your users with quick lists. Lists can be of products, contacts, tickets or anything else you can think of. Data sources can be connected to external systems, so you can feature rows from other systems in your app.
This is one of the most flexible options. It allows you to display the specifics of a selected row from a listing screen, or display a static set of information such as a menu.
Board of Icons
This screen type allows you to create your own custom icon layouts as a replacement start screen of your app or use as drill down screens that provide the icons for a specific module or function of your app.
Map a Data Source Screen
This screen type provides you with the ability to display data as map pins on a full-screen map.
You can access screens using the navigation menu on the left, click Apps, and then Screens from the drop down.
This will display all screens that are currently active. You can filter by screen type using the box to the right of the search box. You can filter by any column using the arrows beside it or search by using the search box. By default, archived screens will not show here. You can display these by checking the "Show Archived' box beside the search box.
To create a new screen, click on “ADD NEW+” option available in the options bar.
Creating a new Screen
Creating a Screen is easy:
- Choose your Screen type. If this is your first time using the system, we suggest you start with a Form screen.
- Enter a name for the Screen. This is the default name that will be shown to app users.
- Choose an icon to display to app users. This helps with quickly identifying your Screen to your users in the field.
- Bind to a Data Source (optional). Binding to a Data Source will automatically generate fields for you based on the columns found, giving you a quick way to get started with a new Screen. Some Screens require that you bind to a Data Source - for example Listing Screens must be bound to a Data Source in order to display rows.
- Click on the green 'CREATE+' button in the top right corner.