Geocoding is the process of transforming a description of a location to a GPS location on the earth's surface. This can be done through a pair of coordinates, an address, or a name of a place, etc.
Our system offers various Geocoding functionality, i.e. in Form screens as an Interaction option on the User Action (Button) field type. We use a third party geocoding service to perform the actual lookup of provided addresses.
The results of an address lookup are not guaranteed to be successful or accurate. The accuracy of results depends on:
- Whether our third party service has data available for the given country/area.
- The amount of detail within, and the format of, the address text you provide.
We strongly recommend that you format addresses in accordance with the following guidelines to maximize the likelihood of a fast and successful result.
- Input addresses' as explicitly as possible. Use as much of the following format as possible:
Street Number, Street Name Street Suffix, County/Suburb, City/Town, State/Province, Zip/Postal Code, Country Code/Name
i.e. 14, Some Street, Beverley Hills, Los Angeles, CA, 90210, USA or 14, Some Street, Los Angeles, 90210, USA
- Always use commas to separate parts of the address, i.e. rather than specifying an address as '15 Some Street New York USA', use '15, Some Street, New York, USA' .
- Always provide the country name/code, post code and state/province when possible.
- Do not specify additional address elements such as organization names, unit numbers, floor numbers, or suite numbers.
- Use the street number over a building name wherever possible.
- Do not provide 'hints', such as nearby landmarks.