To create a new data source, you must first navigate to the data source page.
Once there, click Add New in the top right corner of the screen
There are a few options before you actually create the data source. The most commonly used will be Name, and External ID.
- Name: the main title of the data source
- External ID: useful for programmatically referencing that data source, must not contain any spaces or special symbols - other than an underscore)
- Default Sort Order: row data will automatically sort alphabetically based on the selected column, but it can be changed or turned off completely here.
- Default Row Display: indicates how row data will appear in a form's list choice field
- Default User Interaction: customized interactions can be assigned when a user selects a particular row.
Click Create when you have appropriately named your data source, and you will automatically be taken to the blank data source page
There are two options for populating your data source from this point:
- Manually enter the column headers and row data
- Import an existing data course from a .csv or excel file
Always save your work.
Please click below to review the "How To Edit A Data Source & Data Source Settings" article for detailed information on populating a data source.